This month, I have three reasons to celebrate (apart from my birthday which is only 3 weeks away).
All three are to do with my blog, and so it seems right to celebrate right here, on my blog, with all of you.
1. My very first blog entry was written and published on the 26th of March in 2009 - which means my Four Year Blogoversary is coming up.
Originally, I started blogging because I needed to vent thoughts and feelings I found sometimes hard to cope with by their sheer number and contrast. It was through a close friend of mine that I discovered blogging as the perfect outlet, and although the topics and the aim of my blog have shifted somewhat over the years, it has never ceased to be an important part of my (almost daily) life.
2. The number of followers to my blog shows 99 - just one more to go to make the 100 complete!
While at the beginning I did not really have any readers in mind, soon I felt part of a community of people who blog for very different reasons and about very different topics, allowing me glimpses into their lives and commenting on the glimpses I was giving them in return. I don't want to miss this friendly exchange anymore, and with some of you, a friendship far beyond "just blogging" has developed. All of you matter to me, and I treasure each comment.
3. My Mum, who is responsible for some of the most popular posts on my blog, has sold the first 20 articles on her Etsy shop - largely thanks to you!
She is the only member of my family who actively contributes to my blog, and we both have had plenty of fun in the past hosting giveaways.
Speaking of which...
...this time, the giveaway consists of two parts:
- The winner will receive the book "The Shop on Blossom Street", which I have reviewed here.
- Everyone who reads this - no matter whether they are already following my blog or not - can buy one item from my Mum's Etsy shop at half price during the entire month of March 2013.
(Note: this applies only to items that are in the shop "as is", not for items made on request.) Simply make sure to let my Mum know that you are making your purchase in connection with my blog.
If you make your purchase after March 31st (Central Europe Time), the regular prices as shown in the shop apply. Also, if you buy more than one item, only one of them is at half price.
You don't have to participate in the drawing for the book to buy at the shop at half price, and you do not have to buy anything from the shop in order to take part at the book giveaway.
If you do want to have a chance on winning the book, here is what to do:
1. Leave a comment on this post telling me that you want to be included - this gives you one entry in the drawing.
2. Follow my blog - this gives you a second entry.
3. Tell your readers on your own blog about our triple celebration - and you'll get another entry.
The winner will be drawn on the 31st of March.
Good luck, and have fun!
Meike & Meike's Mum
- - - And a personal message from my Mum to all of you:
I have to thank...
...all those followers of Meike's blog who encouraged me to have my own ETSY-Shop. I never heard about it before, and I first had to search for that faboulous thing! It took me a while to create the page, but al last it worked.
And - amazingly - I sold!! Mostly I sold to you, Meike's followers, and I shipped my items to the U.S., to the U.K., Australia, Sweden. But never to an address here in Germany, although I always post my offers in two languages. I also knitted some items on request, the customers could choose colour, size and shape (those are not shown in my shop).At the end of May my Etsy-shop will have its first anniversary, and then, my dears, I will surprise you again with a special offer!