Saturday 23 January 2016

Fox Promenade

Maybe you remember that I suddenly fell in love with all things "foxy" (I really mean the animal!) last summer. So far, this has resulted in me getting a Christmas fox ornament from my sister and buying a fox mug for myself.

This morning, sitting down with my habitual mug of hot, strong, sweet coffee (no milk) in front of my computer to start the round through emails and blogs, a notice from Mozilla FireFox (which is my preferred browser) caught my eye: new themes were available.

Now, I am not one of those people who faff and tweak their browsers and other interfaces on their computers beyond recognition. Many of the addons and plugins available I don't need; just as I love my empty, smooth surfaces at home, I like my computer to be as clutter-free as possible (my favourite games do NOT count as clutter).

But today, I made an exception and added a new theme to my browser. It is called "Fox Promenade", and the top of my browser window now sports this relative of Fred Fox.


If you use FireFox and feel like a change of theme would be fun, you can find them all here.

18 comments:

  1. That's really cute and it will be nice and cheerful waking up to Fred cavorting across your screen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really nice indeed. Warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only foxes but lots of strong yellow. How could you possibly resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I could not! On my screen, the sky looks more orange than yellow, but it's definitely cheerful and matches Fred's colours.

      Delete
  4. A better plug there could not be...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for me right now, anyway :-)
      Welcome back, Christopher! It's been a while.

      Delete
  5. I use Beyond Australis to free up more screen but, like you, I like relatively little clutter on my browsers. However I don't like the Firefox grey so do also use a blue theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firefox grey? I don't think I know what you mean, Graham. And I have definitely never heard of Beyond Australis, must look it up!

      Delete
    2. The bookmarks and other toolbars default to grey on my Macbook so I use Bluez Vista because I like blue. Beyond Australis (the latter being the Firefox theme name I think) allows some of the toolbars to hid when not being used and they just come down when you need them.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the explanation!

      Delete
  6. I use Firefox but I've never bothered much with exploring the add-ons. Checked out your link to the themes now, but I think my eyes actually prefer the neutral grey that Graham does not like... But of course you should have the fox! :) (knowing that you like them so much)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Monica - until now, I never looked into the add-ons beyond what I deem necessary in the shape of ad-blockers and anti-spyware. But, as you say, I had to have the fox :-)

      Delete
  7. I use Firefox and have done so for years.

    You can blame Yorkie for your fox fetish...he started it all off with dear old Fred! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using FF since... hmmm... not sure, but definitely more than 10 years.

      Yes, it's all YP's fault :-)

      Delete