Friday 12 February 2016

Some More Colour

If you've been following my blog for a while, you will have seen quite a few "fashion posts" over the years. Not just to show off a new outfit, but I've sometimes written about what clothes and fashion mean to me, how I perceive colours and the way they can influence how I feel about myself all day.

For those of you who are interested, here are the links to some of those older posts:
here is one about dressing up (or down); here one about colours in general, and this one is about the colour red.

Last week, I was given a shirt I would have never chosen myself. It is very colourful (as you will see in a minute), and at first I wasn't sure at all whether I was going to keep it (and actually wear it). But then I found that there were bits of navy blue in the pattern, and I tried the shirt with a navy pair of trousers. I wore it to the office and felt good in it all day. And this morning, I find it goes well with my pair of red denims, too (although I would never wear those to the office):


Sometimes maybe we can not imagine something being good or suitable for us, but once we give it a try, we find out we actually like it. (Not just referring to clothes here!)


Also, I said I was going to show you another picture of the new, shorter hair. I like it better now than when I just came out of the hairdresser's:



Time to go to work. It looks like it's going to be a sunny day. Have a good one, everyone!  

18 comments:

  1. I love that blouse and it really suits you. I have a thing about wearing yellow. Nothing in my wardrobe is yellow, but I've seen a lovely yellow jumper. Shall I, shan't I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maggie!
      As for the ywllow jumper - on impulse, I'd say you shall :-) But of course I haven't seen it, and not every shade of yellow suits everybody.

      Delete
  2. You look mahvelous darling. With your figure, I'd just walk around naked. Love short dos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna :-)
      Well, much as I enjoy being naked (where and when appropriate), I'm afraid it's rather too cold here for walking around without any covering...

      Delete
  3. You really do look great! I envy you your slender, tall figure! I could never pull off colors and patterns like that, but they look great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer!
      For many years I was convinced red doesn't suit me. Then I was given something red, wore it to work, and got such nice compliments that I decided I can wear red after all. So maybe you just need to try colours and patterns. Be bold!

      Delete
  4. Such a unique, vibrant shirt. It's something I'd wear. I like how you styled it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Oluwaseun! It certainly added colour to a relatively grey day at the office on Wednesday :-)

      Delete
  5. Your flowered blouse looks lovely. But then you always do look lovely, Meike. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this nice compliment, Carol :-) (Of course you always only get to see me on posed photographs - never caught unawares!)

      Delete
  6. This looks very nice and lively. I think it's a good color for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...Sometimes I pull ties off the rack that I think will never go with an outfit...and once in a while they excel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Christopher! Sometimes all it takes is a bit of boldness, and we find out it looks great.

      Delete
  8. Well your decision to wear it and keep it was, in my humble opinion, a very good one. I think it looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your colorful blouse and short do! And very often, I will detest an outfit and want to take it back to the store, but then, it grows on me and I end up liking it. I drive my husband crazy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kay!
      Can't blame Richard there - it would make me crazy, too :-D
      I am usually rather quick in deciding whether I do or don't like something. Every now and then, I come across a dress that looks great on the hanger, but when I try it on, I find it does not suit me at all. But I am always glad I tried it, so that I know it's not for me, and don't keep thinking of it.

      Delete