Good morning! I could almost bet that most of you have either thought I'd forgotten that I meant to post the answers to my pub quiz, or you have forgotten about it yourselves, there being so many more important things on your minds.
But since I finally received some of the "official" photos that were taken at my Big Birthday Bash, I thought this is a good way to show you two of the pictures and post the answers.
1. What is Meike's favourite colour? Yellow
2. What types of food are almost daily on Meike's menue? Bread, cheese, chocolate (muesli, fruit)
3. How old was Meike when she learned to read? Five (one year before starting school, from my sister; most German children learn to read at the age of six)
4. Where in England does Meike spend a holiday every year? Ripon, Yorkshire
5. What languages does Meike speak? German, English, Italian, French (not counting the Swabian and Sicilian dialects)
6. How many surnames has Meike had so far? Three
7. Meike's place of birth? Ludwigsburg
8. Meike's favourite holiday? Christmas
9. What profession did Meike originally learn? Library Assistant (Librarian)
10. What was the name of Meike's white cat? Mimi
11. How many years has Meike been living in her current flat? Almost 15 (moved in October 2003)
12. What year did Meike get her driving license? She does not have one!
13. Which Star Trek actor's birthday is also on the 22nd of March? William Shatner
14. Is Meike right or left-handed? Right, although I sometimes take notes with my left hand.
15. Meike's furthest trip went where? Florida, USA
16. How many years has Meike been coming to the pub quiz? 10
17. What weekday was the 22nd of March 1968? Friday
I am sure some of you knew many of these answers; others it would have been difficult, if not impossible, for you to know.
The first picture shows me next to Chris*, the publican, as we are getting ready for the quiz. He read out all the questions for me, just like he does every Tuesday night for the regular pub quiz. It was a lot of fun and I am now very much looking forward to going to the pub for another quiz night with my team next Tuesday.
* He kindly gave me his permission to show this picture.