Tuesday 18 May 2021

A Sunset Walk

At the end of my previous post, I said that we were not expecting a great sunset that evening; the late afternoon sky was mostly grey, and rain was more likely to be coming our way than sun.

But the 8th of May showed such beautiful evening light that we simply HAD to go out once more. We took a bottle of rosé wine and glasses along and walked up the hill behind the village to one of our favourite benches at the edge of the small communal woods, overlooking the village, the Rhine valley and all the way to the Vosges.

The pictures were taken between just before 8:00 pm until about ten past 9:00. That day, sunset officially was at 8:42, and we watched it minute per minute, with all the subtle changes of light, colours and clouds, accompanied by the evening song of blackbirds and others. Also, it was warmer than it had been all day, a preview of what the Sunday was going to be.


Walking from the bench after the sun had really set, down the hill back to the village:

Last photo stop before turning in, at the playground at the edge of the village:


What a wonderful way to end a Saturday! I could really get used to this :-)

14 comments:

  1. These pictures are breath taking! I especially like the one with the wine glasses. What a romantic walk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it was, Bonnie!
      We both took so many pictures, every few moments we found the sky looked even more beautiful than the moment before. I had a hard time choosing the ones I liked best.

      Delete
  2. That is one of the most romantically beautiful that I've ever read. I can get absolutely lost in both sunsets and sunrises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Graham. It is something I hope I will never tire of.

      Delete
  3. No wonder you could get use to it...just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bottle of rose, a gorgeous view and a sunset. You absolutely cannot get any better than that! How I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to top that, Jeanie, I agree! How about a G&T on a balmy summer night under a star-studded sky, watching for shooting stars?

      Delete
  5. Wow, amazing shots! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! And welcome to my blog; I believe this is your first comment here.

      Delete