Tuesday 4 April 2017

Sunday Afternoon Walk

I promise this will be one of the last times you'll hear anything about my birthday until next year!!
The Sunday after my birthday party, O.K. and I went for a run. I had arranged for us to go to my gym for the necessary shower afterwards, as I was still without heating and hot water. Back home, freshly showered and really hungry, we had lunch, and later went out again - this time, not for a run, but for a walk. The weather was just too good for staying indoors!

(The boiler was off for 1 1/2 weeks. I had my last half-hot shower on the 16th of March, and only on the 27th the new boiler was finally installed so that I had my first hot shower in my own four walls again on the morning of the 28th. We haven't seen the bill yet...)

All of the following pictures were taken by O.K.










You can see how featureless the fields near my home town generally are. But they are wide open spaces and popular with dog walkers, cyclists, runners and walkers.
I'd not been all the way to the nursery in a long time but found little changed since my last visit. I find the rows and rows of similar plants fascinating, somehow.

12 comments:

  1. I meant to comment on your previous post but was at work and didn't have time. I love all the pretty flowers you got for your birthday! And the Fox painting from Neil is gorgeous! I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday!

    I finally got a belated card in the mail to you today. I have no idea how long it will take to reach Germany, but I'll be interested to find out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer, dear friend! I shall let you know as soon as the card gets here.
      The fox painting is already on the wall, in a place I pass 50 times a day and can see from where I am sitting now.

      Delete
  2. I also like the regimented hedging balls. Are they little box trees? They look like beings from another planet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are box trees, yes. And like you, I always think there is something Alien about the plantation.

      Delete
  3. The little baumschule (is that right?) looks so amusing, somehow. It makes me smile...A charming, happy walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baumschule is right, Kristi! It was good to be out for much of the day, we need that to counterbalance an entire week at the office.

      Delete
  4. Your photos certainly do emphasis the flatness of the surrounding area - very good for cycling. I would like that (provided I always had the wind on my back!). The plantations could produce some really surreal photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is mostly flat and rather featureless there. One more reason for me to enjoy the landscape around O.K.'s village - gently rolling hills with orchards, vineyards and woodland.

      Delete
  5. I will also have something in the mail to you this week! Today was one of the scariest, stormiest days ever!
    The hot shower that you were finally able to take, I can just imagine how good that felt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, dear Kay!
      No storm here, but the coldest day of the week today (Thursday). My friend and I will go for a run after work nonetheless, as it is still dry and no rain in sight. Sunday is supposed to be nice and warm, and then, apparently, finally some rain on Monday.

      Delete
  6. I've never seen anything like those trees before... Well, I suppose I probably have, just not so many at the same time and planted like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do make an interesting addition to the scenery! Normally, I much prefer seeing things grow naturally, but this looks so odd it is beautiful in its own way.

      Delete