Saturday 6 October 2012

Reflecting...

...but what?

Several of you, dear readers of my blog, post "Weekend Reflections" every now and then, and I always like looking at your interpretations of the topic.

Although I do not participate in any of the numerous picture challenges that exist in blogland, the weekend reflections seen on other people's blogs clearly were inspirational to me for doing this post.

See that weirdly shaped reflection across the wall of my living room / home office?

I still don't know what created this; have a look for yourself:
This is the direction the light (obviously from the window) came in. So, what looks as if it could make such a "wave" of light on the wall?

Apart from this unsolved puzzle, I liked this pattern of light and shadow through the wickerwork on my old armchair very much: 

10 comments:

  1. There's nothing so fascinating as the play of light. Which of course was the driving force for the Impressionist painters. The source of the reflection can be hard to find. Sometimes, it's just a small thing, that creates such a big effect. I once stared at the reflection in the glass in my china cabinet door for ages, before I realised that the reflection from the window was reflected off the glass in the mirror onto the glass doors, so that I saw a version of my dining room I'd never seen before. Fascinating, to both contemplate, and to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I can imagine how intriguing it must have been to see something as familiar as your own dining room from a different perspective!
      You are right about it sometimes being a tiny thing causing a big effect. I still wonder what it was in my case :-)

      Delete
  2. Gee, I don't know what could make that light pattern. I would just enjoy it! (Teachers always hated me!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy it, Kay - that's why I wanted to share it on here :-)

      Delete
  3. Could it have been created by water I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No idea, it's a fluke.
    But I do like the wickerwork pattern very much.
    Anyway, you are lucky to have had a sunny day for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had (and are, by the looks of it, still going to have) many sunny days. Sometimes things didn't look so great first thing in the morning but by mid-afternoon, the sun was out.
      September and October are often sunnier than July and August where I live.

      Delete
  5. Oh ja, Licht hat so was anziehendes an sich, nichts lenkt mich manchmal so sehr ab wie Licht (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Das stimmt! Und um so mehr, wenn es dabei auch noch so ein kleines Rätsel aufgibt wie in diesem Fall :-)

      Delete