Monday 4 April 2016

Here's To Spring!

A grey and rather dull-looking Saturday morning turned into a beautiful sunny spring afternoon. My Mum, my sister and I decided to check on the progress of spring in the palace grounds and spent a most pleasant few hours together.

Enjoying pumpkin secco - tastes like apricot lemonade and has about the same effect. Here's to spring!

Forget-me-nots are my favourite small flowers. They look very pretty together with the pale yellow hyacinth, don't they!


This is a plant all three of us are sure to have never come across before. Its scent is sweet but delicate, not overwhelming, and reminds me a bit of honey, milk and beeswax.

Herons love this spot!

We were happy to see so many flowers and soak up the sun after a week at work. Many people had the same idea, but the park is big enough to accomodate them all.

Next up will be pictures of my flight on Sunday.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely day! I remember that pumpkin drink, it sounds like one to sip in the sunshine!
    I love blue flowers and the little forget-me-not that I know from England is a favorite of mine too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing so uplifting after a long spell of cold, wet weather than walking in the sunshine and looking at flowers on the ground and blossoms on bushes and tress, is there!

      Delete
  2. Here is to spring indeed! These forget-me-nots are a bit different from the ones we have here, but I love all little blue flowers! Herons are nesting in the National Park near me and spring is coming though we keep having snow storms here, though not the worst ones. Before this polar vortex began I asked my son to put the umbrella up on the deck table and open it so it could dry. Next morning it was upside down on the ground and full of snow!

    But one of my favorite things is a mother daughter outing and I think I have to do something with my daughters very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister thinks they are not really forget-me-nots, but I think they do look at least as of the same family.
      It is not impossible that we'll get some colder days again, too, and who knows, there may even be a bit of snow before the month is over, but I hope not! Anyway, I try to make the most of each sunny day.

      Delete
  3. I love spring and I enjoyed your flowers and pictures but I'm afraid that the thought of pumpkin secco made me feel quite strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think of it as a fizzy (but not too fizzy) apricot drink :-)
      Admittedly, pumpkin seems not very spring-like, rather something you'd expect to be offered in late summer and autumn.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like the perfect way to spend the day. Thanks for sharing, xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Carol! Yes, it was the best we could do with that sunny afternoon.

      Delete
  5. It finally feels like Spring, well, a little more like Summer today. I'm not sure I'm ready for the heat, but grateful for the change of weather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're still rather far from summer here, but spring has definitely sprung :-)

      Delete