Thursday 11 June 2020

Sorry, but...

...I could not resist showing you a few more sunsets from recent walks after work.

These pictures were taken at the end of May, on the 25th and the 29th, on the fields just outside Ludwigsburg. They may look very similar, and of course the view west is always that same view. But as you all know, no sunset is exactly like any other.
And it's just wonderful to have enough daylight left for the way home even at 9:00 pm, around which time these sunsets happened.

Soon, it will be the summer solstice; from then on, it is a downhill journey in terms of daylight. But there are many weeks left before the nights draw in again, cutting my after-work walks short.






Now I am off to a four-day weekend - such luxury! We are spoiled in this country for the amount of Bank Holidays and time off we get, I know that.

Today is one such Bank Holiday, and both O.K. and I have taken the Friday off so that we have an extra long weekend. Tomorrow, a hot and sunny day is forecast for our area, and we have another hike in the Black Forest planned - perfect for a hot day.

Saturday and Sunday could see some rain and thunderstorms; difficult to plan anything, so we'll just play it by ear.

Have a nice weekend, everyone! (Funny to say that on a Thursday morning, isn't it!)

18 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful weekend. As always sunsets are good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Graham! Yes, they are, aren't they.

      Delete
  2. All weekends should be four days long. Mind you, when you are retired every day is like a weekend day. Regarding sunsets, I guess that retirement is like the sunset of your life. Fortunately, some sunsets go on and on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could really get used to always having such weeks, with three days working and four without.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your walk in the Black Forest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pictures from your walks! I also like your red pants in that one picture.

    Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's an old pair of denims I've had for well over 10 years, at the time when I discovered that red is not such a bad colour for me after all.

      Delete
  5. No need to apologize. Your sunset photos are great. Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've now got that Horst Jankowski tune in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sunsets and a wonderful picture of you! I hope we get to see more pictures of the Black Forest. Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie! I have more woodland walk pictures from the last two weekends waiting to be posted - there won't be a shortage any time soon :-)

      Delete
  8. Lovely pictures. You are lucky to see those sunsets. Where we live we don't see them because of the houses and trees in the way. Hope you have a happy and contented weekend together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my house, I do not have a very good view of sunsets, either; I have to go out to see them. Same here at O.K.'s cottage; it has a west-facing balcony/terrace where it is lovely to sit in the evening light, but the sun sets behind the other houses in the village.

      Delete
  9. Lovely sunsets. I enjoy watching them at the Yorkshire coast but we haven't been able to go there during the lockdown. Hope you enjoyed your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda, I did.
      A sunset at the Yorkshire coast - that would be lovely, but it won't be happening any time soon for me, either.

      Delete