Tuesday, 25 August 2026

A Puzzling Warning

My current post, titled "A Week With Rain", has been put "behind bars" by Blogger. Apparently, my perfectly innocent description of last week contains "adult content".

Rest assured that it does NOT.

All there is to the post is what you are used to, if you have been reading my blog for a while: A short summary of the week at the top, and then for each day of the week a report of what I was doing, what the weather was like, and the photos to illustrate the days.

No photo shows anything unusual; there are sunrises and sunsets, the cat I'm looking after, the mouse he caught, and views of vineyards and the paths where we walked on Sunday.

In the message Blogger sent me they say that I can "appeal" if I feel that my post has been unjustly flagged, but it is a bit confusing how to go about it.

The post may never appear properly on my blog, but I'd be most grateful if any of you could tell me whether you are actually able to read it after you have clicked on a button that states that you understand that this post may contain adult material.

Again, there is nothing "adult" about it! I am really puzzled.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I was able to read the post and I am as puzzled as you about the "adult" content. Seemed like a perfectly normal post to me, Meike! I think you should definitely "appeal" their decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen! I keep wondering what could be interpreted as sensitive content by what I assume must be an AI-supported filter. Is it in the words, or the images? Does "it" think I have posted a picture of a dead cat, or a dead mouse, or both? Does "it" misinterpret my "sessions on the settee" with Neo?

      Delete
  2. How do I click on the button in order to read your latest post, Meike ?
    Is Blogger just a kind of machine ? Or is Blogger an actual person in an office ?
    This is a kind of character assassination. You write in all innocence and get censored ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger is the platform, so yes, it is a kind of machine.
      When you click on "Older Post" at the bottom of this page, you should reach the post in question, with the two buttons where you can decide whether or not to continue to the actual post.

      Delete
  3. I had no problem accessing your blog post, Meike. There must be some sort of 'bot' that went rogue, I think. Quite ridiculous. I hope it doesn't happen again.

    ReplyDelete