Monday 1 February 2010

On a Rainy Day...

...or a snowy one for that matter, if it is a weekend and I do not have any appointments, I just stay home...



...in my pajamas all day, with a book that is not too challenging on an intellectual level but still engaging enough to keep me interested, or watching a cosy film, having hot drinks like coffee, tea and sometimes broth;
increasing the enjoyment of the book or the film by adding some delicious chocolates or cookies, with the scent of a home-made potpourri of rose petals,
or by ringing a friend I have not spoken to in a long time.
Alternatively, I can just follow my cat's example and never get out of bed. Utter luxury!



8 comments:

  1. Mary Poppins, don't you love her shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you mention it - I have a pair that is actually quite similar to these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats are very wise! And yours looks very much like my darling.
    Margaretha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Margaretha - I have just had a look at your blog, and you are right, our cats could be siblings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried to leave a comment twice, :<( and shall try once more. I just love this. You've put together the parts of a lovely, healing, relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nan, I wonder why it didn't work before? Well, it certainly did now, so, thank you!
    Healing is actually what I need right now; I'm staying home from the office with a cold this week. My head's like cotton wool, my nose dripping, my throat scratchy and my eyes burning; you get the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All those activities sound wonderful!

    I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, LadyPI, I started to feel better on Thursday and so decided to join a group of friends for a weekend away which we had been planning for months, and it was great fun - I am truly glad I went!
    Back to the office today...

    ReplyDelete