Tuesday 24 November 2015

Just Very Quickly...

...to let you know what difference the past three days have made here:

After a spring-like November (we had temperatures up to 20 Celsius - that's more than some "summer" days achieve...!), it has suddenly gone cold enough for the first snow this season. It's all gone now; today's sunny afternoon took care of it. But it has certainly put me in the right mood for attending the officially opening of our Christmas Market tonight.

Sunday morning greeted me like this:

It was snowing quite a bit yesterday morning:

Today the sun was back:

I still have a very nice sunny walk in the woods to tell you about - taken a week ago Sunday, when it was warm enough to sunbathe (in November!!) at the edge of an orchard when we took a break. But right now (6:30 pm), I have to put on an extra jumper and a pair of woolly socks over my tights so that I won't get too cold at Christmas Market.

15 comments:

  1. Exactly like our November. Warm, sunny, a bit snowy today, and then sun off and on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unusually warm for your parts, I guess; mostly when you mention the weather (for instance, in spring), it seems to be quite a bit colder where you are.

      Delete
  2. I think it is time for you to visit this website Meike:-
    http://www.britishthermals.com/womens-thermals/womens-extra-warm-british-made-thermals/

    And then perhaps you can model your new purchases?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link, Neil - actually, not a bad idea, seeing that I think we're in for a much colder winter this year than the last one. As for the modelling... hmm... we shall see!! (or not)

      Delete
  3. We had frost here over the weekend - but no snow yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is raining as we speak, so even those tiny patches of snow that were still on some roofs where the sun didn't reach will be gone in a few hours.

      Delete
  4. Oh, wow, winter is coming early! Or is this normal in November? We are having cold-ish weather and I am really enjoying it!! xoxo Silke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The very warm weather we had until last week certainly is NOT normal in November here, Silke. Snow in November is perfectly normal. But even though it happens every year, after the first snow flake it appears as everyone has suddenly forgotten how to drive - it was very chaotic on the roads on Monday and Tuesday, and there were problems with trains, too.

      Delete
  5. I had some snowflakes on the umbrella lying on the deck table. It needs to move to the garage. I need to stop lamenting the darkness and cold and concentrate on finding the good in what we have now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristi, we did, and enjoyed our food and drink as much as the sights and sounds.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I do love German Christmas markets, not so much what you can buy there but the atmosphere and the way that local people come out to meet their friends and enjoy it. I'm really sorry I won't be in Germany this December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Jenny - there is really very little that I actually want to buy, but I do try and spend some money every visit, so that I help in keeping the market going for many more years to come. Amazingly enough, even the most hideous and superfluous (in my eyes) items are being bought!

      Delete
  7. I can believe it. Today started off at 3 ℃ and as the gales got stronger the temperature rose until at 9 tonight it's 12 ℃. The weather this year has gone bonkers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! A really hot and dry summer here, warm and dry autumn, and who knows what winter is going to be like.

      Delete