Friday 27 November 2015

November Sun

As I was putting together this post, I realized that I have used the same title twice before: Once in 2012 and then again in 2014. Well, good things come in threes, don't they? And so I have decided to give this post its most fitting - if a little repetitive - title: November Sun.

Look at what it was like here two Sundays ago:


Even the little lambs were out, enjoying the sun :-) (This super-kitschy deco was near a restaurant we walked past on our way into the woods. I found them so kitschy they were almost cool.)


It was less sunny on the steep path leading through the woods down to the river, but plenty of sunshine again at the bottom:


 Another more shaded path took us uphill along the river.


We stepped out of the woods to find this beautiful, almost alpine landscape:



 Round the bend, and back down to the river again we went:


And once more uphill, past former vineyards:


We arrived at the edge of an orchard and were ready for a break. The sun was so warm now, we had taken off coats and jackets, and I even did some sunbathing - in November! Temperatures were at about 20 Celsius (68 F), and probably even more on the ground where we rested.

I looked up in delicious drowsiness to see this right above me:



It was one of those moments when life seems perfect and you don't want to be anywhere else.

I'll show you the second half of our walk in my next post.

8 comments:

  1. Love the balloon photo - so simple but effective. I wonder if the balloonists could look down and envy the warmth of the sun you were enjoying. It's sure to be much colder up there in the sky where they were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I was lucky in opening my eyes just as the balloon was right above me. The balloonists probably saw us there on the grass, too. Not sure how much colder it was up there for them; they weren't very high and it wasn't windy.

      Delete
  2. A wonderful way to spend your time: walking, resting, filled with the sense that your life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool shot of the balloon!
    Weather here just now dark, grey, wet and windy... (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so so long for some lovely proper autumn weather like that but now it's too late so it'll have to be a hope for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am glad we went out that day. I felt sorry for everyone who was stuck indoors.

      Delete