Friday 6 March 2015

Yellow! (And Some Red)

Throughout February, I didn't post much here, and there wasn't a single Fashion post, although I did go and buy myself a really pretty dress with matching jacket (but that will be the topic of another post).
Today, it is time to show you two new yellow items I bought (at Aldi's, of all places) this week:

The pale yellow jeans will come in handy this spring, although of course I can't wear them to work (home office is another matter). The lightweight padded jacket is just right for chilly spring mornings and evenings, but so easy to carry around when it warms up during the day.

But yellow isn't the only colour in my wardrobe these days, in spite of it being and remaining my favourite colour (I have written about it a few times before, for instance here).
When we know we will both be working at the same customer's, RJ and I always agree on the colour scheme for the day - we call that jokingly "corporate Abstimmung" (corporate coordination) ever since one of our customers used this German-English term when he remarked about our matching outfits. We find this tendency to use more and more English terms in German business speak (and often they are used wrongly, or at least open to misinterpretation) rather ridiculous, and so it has gained entry in our "fun" vocabulary.

This week, we worked at the same office on Tuesday and Thursday. On Tuesday, the colour we chose was caramel. Yesterday, it was red. I wore this:


All of them "old" things; I've had this pair of tights for more than 4 years, the black knit dress is 2 or 3 years old, the cardi maybe 2 years, and I showed you here when I bought the boots in November 2013. Looking at the outfit now in the picture, I don't think I'll repeat the exact same one. Somehow, my waist has disappeared. Still, I was warm enough at the office without being too warm, and comfortable all day.

16 comments:

  1. I love yellow too. Aldi must be better in Germany than it is here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aldi is my Number One stop for nearly everything I need - groceries, toiletries, and whatever non-food offers they have (only when I think I need/want them, though, not simply because they are on offer).

      Delete
  2. Cute yellow and white combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Actually, the only white in the combination is the shoes. The jeans are of a pale vanilla yellow.

      Delete
  3. As I type this I am wearing a pair of superbly warm work trousers (I have so things to do in the garage) which I bought in Lidl. I never thought I'd do that never mind say that they are probably the best winter work trousers I've ever had. They aren't yellow though! Your jacket is a very attractive shade of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Graham, I really like it, too. Because, as we know, yellow isn't always yellow - and not all yellow suits me the same.
      I've bought numerous items of clothing and undies at Aldi, and it's usually good quality at a low price. Some people smirk at the thought of buying clothes at the supermarket, but I am not one of those who insist on certain brands.

      Delete
  4. Hello Meike,

    Your yellow jacket is a real burst of sunshine. It looks warm without being too bulky, just the job for spring days which start chilly but then warm up. You will certainly be noticed on your walks wearing it, guaranteed we are sure to bring a smile to the lips of everyone who sees you!

    The patterned tights are such fun and look great on your slim legs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jane and Lance,
      Yes, isn't it really sunny-looking! It is so leightweight and folds so small that I know it will become a good travel companion.
      Patterned tights are something I really like, it means adding a bit of zest to what could otherwise be a rather boring business outfit.

      Delete
  5. I love the color yellow, so bright, so spring like. Unfortunately it doesn't like me, makes my skin look greenish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you just haven't found "your" yellow yet. For instance, vanilla will make you look completely different from, say, a lemony shade.

      Delete
  6. Really find the yellow outfit so happy and springlike. You look great in both outfits, truly. Your figure is so like a model's I believe you could wear anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristi! I think it's nearly impossible to be glum when wearing yellow :-)

      Delete
  7. I love yellow...the brighter, the better! And, red. I just have to be careful of the shade. With light skin and hair and eyes, one can really look horrible in the wrong shade of anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For many years, I was convinced red didn't suit me. Then I tried it and people complimented me on it. I know green is not the very best for my skin tone, but I still wear it every now and then - I just like nearly all colours.

      Delete
  8. That yellow looks really good on you. I had a yellow period back in my late 20s but I had dark(er) hair then. Now I think I look to pale in it. At the moment the only yellow item in my wardrobe is one silk scarf, I think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Monica. I think for you to look less pale in yellow, the yellow needs to be a particular shade. Few people can get away with a lemony or lime shade, but most will look good in a more golden or vanilla type.

      Delete