Wednesday 27 July 2022

Saturday in Ripon

Saturday was a much quieter day as opposed to the busy city life of York the day before. The morning was spent doing household things and topping up on our food provisions.

After a rest in the early afternoon, we went for a little walk along the first bit of Ripon Canal. I plan to go further along that path tomorrow, as it becomes really beautiful once you leave the town behind. 

The street where the Curzon is, less than 5 minutes to walk from Matchbox Cottage.

Ripon Canal at its very start


We met in front of the Curzon cinema with my sister-in-law an hour before the Elvis film started, so that we had plenty of time for a chat, drinks and chips. The staff is most friendly, and we really enjoyed our time there. 

The film was brilliant!!! All three of us loved it, and there was not one minute out of the 2:39 hours when I wanted to be somewhere else. I’d be very surprised if there aren‘t a few Oscars in store for that film! So well done, with great attention to detail and excellent actors.

We‘ve been listening to Elvis songs ever since!

4 comments:

  1. It isso long since I went along the canal there I have forgotten where you get on to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is at the bottom of town near a crossing where the main road leads out from Ripon towards the race course.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad to see photos of Ripon. I always wondered what it looked like. And I'm glad Elvis was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many more on my blog, Jeanie; just type Ripon in the search box in the top left corner of the page, and you will find all my posts from previous years.

      Delete